The following information is provided
to assist in evaluation on motor coach suitability for the Cruiserlift
System. The Cruiserlift System was not designed for installation
onto Fifth Wheel Travel Trailers, Class-B or Class-C motorhomes
- frames are not strong enough to handle the weights involved.
In addition, the rear axle gross weight rating (GAWR) may be insufficient.
The CruiserLift is designed to install onto either a Class-A Diesel,
or selected Class-A Gas motor coaches. If you are not sure if
the system will mount to your coach, the following information
1. Does the original chassis frame run from the front of the coach to the rear of the coach without any welded on extensions? Welded-on extensions will not hold the weight being loaded to the rear of the coach. A short extension (less than 2') may be reinforced.
2. If the original chassis frame extends to the rear of the coach, use the "Added Weight Diagram" formula to determine the amount of weight that will be added to the rear axle of your coach. (Form below)
3. Check the manufacturers GAWR (Gross Axle Weight Rating) rating for the rear axle. This information is usually in the coach manual, or on a sheet of paper taped on the inside door of one of the closets.
4. If you have not done so, you need to weigh the coach for a reference point. You should have a starting weight of your coach with all added supplies and equipment that you normally travel with. This will give you a base line to go by. Without a starting point weight, you will only be guessing at your available axle weight.
5. Once you have the actual rear axle weight and the manufacturers rear axle gross weight rating (GAWR), subtract the actual from the manufacturers.
6. Compare the available weight for your coach and the figure from the added weight formula.
7. If there is enough room available, then the system may be able to be installed. It could be that you might need to add air bags to compensate for the added weight to the rear of the coach.
8. If you have any other questions or need help in any way, contact Piper Sport Racks toll free at 800-828-8281.... For Prices and Delivery - Click Here